on turning 24
this is the face of 24. this is the face of a good day turned bad. this is a face of someone who just went through the worst birthday to date. this is the face of someone who went to work and had a good day. someone who felt appreciated. this is the face of someone who came home from work to see her boyfriend, waiting for her, with a present. a present that was three dirty poems written on the back of an envelope. this is the face of disappointment. this is the face of someone who changed out of her new dress to go to her birthday dinner, so that she wouldn’t spill on it - but also because she wasn’t feeling pretty anymore. this is the face of someone who’s boyfriend couldn’t go through one day, her birthday, without picking a fight. without having a serious discussion. this is the face of someone who sat there and listened on the bus, looking at her watch hoping that the fight on her birthday would end before they got to the restaurant. this is the face of someone who patiently waited to place an order at her favorite restaurant, and waited for the food at the communal table, in a restaurant full of jovial happy couples, with her unhappy relationship crumbling, on her birthday. this is the face of someone who cried into her ramen, on her birthday. this is the face of someone who paid for dinner, cried into her dinner, was left at the restaurant, and had to walk herself home on her birthday. this is the face of someone who in a 20 second phonecall ended the relationship, then walked the mile and a half home, on her birhtday. this is the face of someone who cried into her roommate’s arms, then into her pillow on her birthday, after he ignored her calls and texts all night.
happy birthday sandy, 24 is really off to a good start.
- quintessentiallyquirky said: I grew sadder as I read this post. I’m so sorry to hear about your awful birthday and the end of your relationship. You’re brave for sharing and I appreciate being let into the raw emotions. Feel free to email if you need to talk.
- quintessentiallyquirky likes this
- pornwithoutporn likes this
- copperoranges said: ugh, sandy, i am so sorry. i love you. may will come soon, i promise.
- imarobot said: I don’t know you, but nobody deserves that on their birthday.
- thygirl said: That sounds truly awful. I wish it could have been something better. That was definitely not deserved.
- sandycaribou posted this